Iontophoresis vs. Botox for Treating Excessive Sweating
Hyperhidrosis is a sweating condition that a significant number of people know little about. In basic terms, one may define it as a disorder that causes excessive sweating. In fact, certain physicians are still trying to come up with reliable and effective remedies aside from the ones currently known (Iontophoresis and Botox). In case you are suffering from Hyperhidrosis, you can either use a topical antiperspirant or better still, visit a professional dermatologist.
Treatment options: Iontophoresis vs. Botox
Iontophoresis is unique kind of treatment used for dealing with sweating issues in the armpits, feet, or hands. It involves the use of a computerized machine for generating fairly low and special voltage waves through water. The affected part is what is placed on thewet surface of the machine. The way these waves work is they help to reduce the flow of excess sweat. The patient also has to undergo several future Iontophoresis treatments in order to bring their excessive sweating under control.
- Iontophoresis is a preferred treatment option for excessive sweating because of its very high success rate.
- Iontophoresis is also known to have minimal side effects making it the preferred option for most patients
- Iontophores is considered to be rather effective for a wide range of cases.
- When compared to Botox injections, Iontophoresis is rather economical, costing as little as $300 depending on the practitioner or you purchase your own iontophoresis device for as little as $399.
- Treatment must be repeated
Dermatologists can prescribe several kind or remedies when it comes to excessive sweating conditions based on the condition of the patient. However, one of the most preferred cures is Botox injections.
- One of the main reasons for this kind of approach is that it is quick
- Some patients have also found Botox injections to be very effective when it comes to dealing with sweating issues.
- The procedure can be used to target specific areas of the body.
- High cost of the procedure
- Some patients have been quoted as saying it is a painful alternative
- Botox requires future treatments, which means more money for procedures. Pricing
- In terms of pricing, Botox injections tend to be very expensive. For instance, in certain cases and depending on the practitioner, it can cost as much as $1000 minus future treatment costs.
Categorised in: Blog